Monday, April 18, 2011

Florence and Pisa

A few weeks ago we took a weekend trip via train up to Florence and Pisa. It was about a 4 hour train ride each way. Once again, traveling north seemed to be a great relief from Rome (much better food and cleaner).

What was I gunna do? just let it fall?






River in Pisa

Nightfall in Florence


More Locks on a bridge
Swordfish outside of a seafood restaurant

Giant claws

The Duomo


Michelangelo's David
This is hands down the most amazing piece of art I've seen in person.
and yes this was a hard picture to get... they are very firm on their no pictures rule.
As I was sitting behind the sculpture, admiring the slingshot draped across David's back, two American girls sat down next to me and began talking about the sculpture... "Oh look at the big crack across his back. Remember in history class when they talked about how Michelangelo screwed up and cracked David?" (speaking about the slingshot that David used on Goliath)   I got up in silence and walked away wondering if our education system is THAT bad. I sure hope this was just an isolated incident.


No comments:

Post a Comment