Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Venice

Venice, as you probably know, is a very unique island. Here streets are replaced by canals and cars are replaced by boats. Sounds pretty cool in theory but in real life I think its a pain in the, well, I don't think I really need to finish that thought. Don't get me wrong it was very interesting to see how the city functioned without roads, but thats about it... interesting. Sadly, I think my favorite part about Venice was walking into St. Marks plaza or up on a bridge over a large canal and realizing, oh hey this was were they filmed that one scene from the Italian Job haha. Sorry, but Venice was just not for me.

If I could've rented a kayak for the day it probably would've been the greatest day ever. I didn't see a single one on that entire island.



Yes, that bell tower is leaning. Your eyes did not deceive you.
There seemed to be very straight buildings on the island
because everything is sinking into the ocean.
St. Marks... Unfortunately with scaffolding 
The inside. First church I've been in here that doesn't allow you to
take pictures. (once again I did not obey that rule)

The shore
More locks on a bridge.

Dome of another church

Julie made two pigeon friends with the crumbs from my sandwich

No comments:

Post a Comment